15, Jan, 2024(5 Mins) | Nisha Shafiq
In the constantly evolving world of digital marketing, content continues to reign supreme. It serves as the foundation for businesses looking to drive traffic, capture leads, and ultimately maximize revenue. Content marketing is the most valuable strategy and is closely associated with success in the highly competitive online sphere.
Companies looking to drive traffic, earn leads, and grow their business’s revenue are heavily relying on content marketing, as it is the most valuable strategy.
Top 5 Content Marketing Trends
To have an effective content marketing strategy, one should stay on top of the latest content marketing trends.
Don’t stay behind the curve, and have a look at these top 5 trends in content marketing for 2024.
- Use artificial intelligence (AI) to generate and personalize content
- Create content that offers value
- Craft relatable and trendy content
- Focus on the quality of your content
- Try podcasting
Read on to dive deep into these content marketing insights!
Trend 1: Use AI to Generate and Personalize Content
Top on the list of content marketing trends is AI. Let’s talk about the role or use of AI in content generation. Nowadays, AI tools such as ChatGPT and Microsoft Bing AI are up to the hype and are the biggest rising trend in content marketing. AI helps people create 10x faster content than human writing.
The content marketer uses AI to speed up their content process or to make their writing process more efficient. All you have to do is input a query, and the AI tool will provide you with the information you need. That’s how you can save hours spent researching and organizing the information.
Below is an example:
AI can be used to generate a number of articles for a website, but one should use it strategically. Due to society’s biggest turn towards using AI, doubts about the technology and its uses are also occurring. People are especially concerned about the accuracy and authenticity of the information.
One more concern raised with the use of AI is the ethics around generating content.
In November 2023, Sports Illustrated, the latest media company, came under fire for being accused of generating articles using AI. Moreover, they are also accused of creating fake, AI-generated writer profiles for those blog posts.
That’s how it raised questions about the ethics of using AI to generate content.
We should take this experience as a reminder and go with a gradual and transparent shift while using AI for content needs.
If you want to write a significant portion of your content using AI tools, you must mention it clearly to your audience. You can better mention this at the bottom of your article, just like “This article was generated using (insert AI tool)” just like the below:
This would be enough to build trust and show transparency to your audience.
However, you may use AI to generate background information to be included in any content and save time in your content creation process. Moreover, it can also help in generating ideas for organizing any information, what information you should cover in an article and more.
Remember, you’ll always need human oversight for user-friendly and valuable content, no matter how you use AI in your content creation process. There would always be a need to:
- Check if the information is accurate
- Rewrite vague sentences or words
- Edit content tailored to the company’s style
Make sure to take maximum advantage of AI for writing, as it is one of the top trends in content marketing for 2024.
Trend 2: Create Content that Offers Value
Another key trend you’ll see in 2024 in content marketing is offering value in your content. Your content must be valuable to interact with your audience. That’s how you can give your audience a reason to choose your content over your competitors.
How will you know if your content offers value?
Consider the following ways to add value to your content:
- Create a single piece of information: Synthesizing information into one piece is one of the simplest ways to create valuable content. It helps keep engaging your audience with your website, and they don’t have to go to another website for the information.
- Explain complex topics simply: When you explain a difficult subject or topic in simple terms, it adds a lot of value to your content. Moreover, the audience considers your resources valuable as you offer them easy-to-understand content.
- Offer your audience downloadable items: A free guide, template, or something like this can add value to your content.
- Use videos: To make your content more valuable, make sure you feature a video talking about your content topic. It’s one of the ways to add value to your content and give them a format for digestive information.
By adding value to your content, you can increase engagement, drive more traffic, and capture more leads for your business.
Download this guide FREE from Ayraxs’s Home Page: “The Role of Automation in Email Marketing”
Trend 3: Craft Relatable and Trendy Content
Another top content marketing trend for 2024 is generating trendy and relatable content.
Content that is gaining popularity amongst influencers on social media is referred to as trendy and relatable content.
There are millions of trending videos on TikTok that businesses or influencers can recreate to follow the trend.
And no doubt, TikTok and Instagram reels are making waves in the marketing industry. You must have an effective video marketing strategy to keep track of trendy content and benchmark your position in this competitive digital landscape.
Do you know how to find trending content?
It’s not rocket science to find trending content; you can simply check out what influencers are posting online. If a number of influencers are posting similar types of videos, it’s easy to know that those videos are trending.
So, don’t wait and jump on the bandwagon!
Trend 4: Focus on the Quality of Your Content
SEO and content marketing go side by side; we can’t talk about content marketing without SEO. You must concentrate on the quality of your content, which is one of the major SEO and content marketing trends for 2024. Google prioritizes informative, helpful, and authoritative content for people, so make sure your content is of high quality.
Consider the below points to create high-quality content:
- Cover the topic thoroughly: Make sure you’re covering a topic thoroughly in your content, and include every information in detail that a searcher needs or is looking for.
- Content should be readable: To make your content high quality, ensure it is easy to read and skim. The use of headings and subheadings plays a great role in organizing your content. So, the audience can read the lengthy content easily and efficiently.
- Include visuals: Images, videos, and infographics can help your audience understand your content. Using these visual elements may enhance the quality of your content pages.
- Back up your claims: To increase the validity of your pages, use statistics and data to help back up any claims you make in your content.
The quality of your content matters the most when it comes to growing your business in 2024.
Trend 5: Try Podcasting
The latest trend introduced in content marketing is podcasting. A larger number of audiences prefer listening to podcasts rather than reading content. This content medium is now considered a groundbreaking technology to engage people while providing them with information, making them laugh, or keeping them updated with the latest news and information.
If your business doesn’t offer a podcast, you must try to create one. It will help you immensely to connect with your audience and create a following for your brand.
Consider the below points to create a podcast successfully:
- Publish weekly episodes: To increase the success of your podcast, it’s important to publish new episodes weekly. By doing so, you can create anticipation and ensure listeners know exactly when to tune in each week.
- Keep the length short: When creating a podcast, it’s important to keep the length concise. Although podcasts require engaging listeners for an extended period of time, it’s recommended to make the episode between 20-60 minutes, depending on the information you cover. Some topics may require an hour-long episode, while others may not.
- Be relatable: Make sure your podcast host is personable and can relate to your audience. This will keep them coming back each week.
- Promote your podcast: Share your podcast on social media, email, and other platforms to reach a wider audience.
If you are considering a podcast for your business, give it a try in 2024!
Final Key Point!
As we step into the ever-changing world of digital marketing, some top content marketing trends for 2024 can lead companies towards great success. These trends include making the most of artificial intelligence, creating content that provides real value, developing relatable stories, emphasizing quality, and exploring the exciting universe of podcasting.
With so many options for innovation, the possibilities are endless. To achieve maximum revenue, companies must not only adapt to current trends but also actively engage with them to ensure that their content strategies are future-proof.